Ordering Piezo Elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Piezo Elements

I'm having troble getting a response from Piezo Kinetic's, I've called twice and no reply for about two weeks now. I don't want to **** them off. I thought if anyone else was interested in joining me and doing a larger order they might be more eager to do business. I'm trying to order the 200KHz elements. If anyone is interested either post it here or email me.

Thanks,

Brad

Re: Ordering Piezo Elements

Hi Brad,

I would be interested in 24 elements.

What would the price be?

Regards, jan.

Comment

Jan,

I got a price from Piezo Kinetic's $8.12 a piece for 30 elements. Hopefully less if more were ordered. I think these are the same one's they sold to Tod for about half that. I'm waiting on quotes from two more companies before I do anything.

These plates are from Piezo Kinetics and measure 1.4"L x .130"w x .325in thick. After looking at some of Sture's posts below I'm starting to question the width of these pieces.

To determine horizontal beamwidth (I'm just rehashing what Sture wrote)

Calculate the wawelength for the actual frequency.

Sound of speed is around 1500m/s. For 200KHz

you have 1500/200 = 7.5 mm.

Then divide this with the length of your transducer for example 350 mm and you have the angle in radians:

7.5/350 = 0.02 radians or 1.2 degrees (rough).

To get vertical beamwidth: (again Sture's posting)

Design example for 250K:

Aperture of 400x6mm.

The wawelenght will be 6 mm.

Horizontal beamwidh 6/400 radians = 0.9 degrees.

For vertical beamwidth:

Now take the width of the Piezo Kinetic's pieces: .13in or 3.302mm width vs. a 7.5mm wavelength @ 200KHz

3.302/7.5=.44radians*56=25degrees OR 7.5/3.302=2.27radians*56=127 degrees(this is the one that makes sense based on the horizontal equations i.e. a smaller width = a wider beam width.

If anyone has any input I could use it.

Thanks,

Brad

Comment

Brad,

I emailed Piezo Elements for a price quote for elements with partnumber SP1.4-0.130-0.325-402

This is likely to be the same elements you asked about, partnumber looks like sizes.

As I understood Todd paid about $4 for them.

So I mentioned the partnumber, perhaps these elements are cheaper than the one you asked a price for.

Regards, Jan

Comment

Thanks to Tod sharing Is experience with us.

I have a large paper echo sounder for the purpose and trying to build a side scan transducer. If you think to order the ceramics 200 KHz I am interested to order 24 to 30 elements.

Thanks to all of you

Francisco Xavier Sousa

Comment

Working...
          X