Transducer sticker shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transducer sticker shock

I have played around with sonar, both scanning and side scan, and have used both quite a bit, but always somebody else owned the sidescan. I have a scanning unit that actually works very well, but it has limitations, especially when a thermocline is present. My home brewed side scan sets always had the same weakness, the transducer. I ran across a company called International Transducer Corporation which makes a swell looking transducer for sidescan, so I got a price on it. And I quote "International Transducer Corporation is pleased to quote you the price of
    US$5,251 each for (1) unit of the ITC-5202B side scan transdcuer." Wholy shinola. OK, somebody please bring me up to speed on these do it yourself ones I have seen written in here about. My current topside unit is a modified Lorance paper set (192 kHz)and my tow fish is a cluster of bad dreams. It works, but thats about it. My cable is wrong too. I think I need to start over. Anybody care to tutor me a bit, or send me some plans of your transducers
    if they worked out ? E mail, or post it would be ok. Thanks in advance

Craig
Working...
X