Sonar Recorders available: For sale or trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonar Recorders available: For sale or trade

I have two Sonar recorders that are available for anyone who is interested in experimenting with putting together a low cost side scan sonar system. The Raytheon Precision Electrographic and the Gifft Precision Sonar Rocorders use 19” paper and both come with detailed service manuals. These units are working properly and are in very good condition. I can provide several rolls of paper for each recorder. Each unit is for sale for $75 or trade for something that I can use. You would have to come to the upstate NY area to pick up the recorder. Email me for pictures of each unit and the specifications.

Re: Sonar Recorders available: For sale or trade

Send me pictures if you still have the sonars.

Comment

Hy

My intrest is buying a complete 2:nd hand sidescan-sonar system. Do you have any contacts you could assist with? Would be very thankfull for your help,

Sincerely Peter

Comment

Peter,

Please refer to my recent post (2/16/03) on this forum: Build vs Buy a Side Scan Sonar.
        Best Regards, Jim

Comment

Jim,

Can your recorders be adapted to my Klein 531T and what kind of paper is use? Dry? Source for paper?

Comment

Jim,

Can your recorders be adapted to my Klein 531T and what kind of paper is use? Dry? Source for paper?

What is your experience with the Klein dry paper?

Comment

Ed,

The Raytheon recorder uses 19" dry paper.
              The Gifft recorder uses 19" wet paper.

It would not be worth trying to adapt these recorders to the Klein 531T. These recorders would be good for the side scan sonar experimenter with some technical interfacing skills that would like to be able to put together a professional sonar system on a very low budget.
              For a source of dry paper contact EPC Labs at: www.epclabs.com

I don't have any experience using Klein dry paper. I prefer the wet paper.

Comment

Working...
              X