making bathometric charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making bathometric charts

anyone making thier own bathometric charts?...the commercial 3-d bathometry is very limited to specific areas...i have the nobletec software but want to form my own charts for the specific areas i commercial fish...any ideas that won't break the bank? ideally, i'd like to interphase a furuno 292 1kw fathometer to gather the data.
    thanks, john

Re: making bathometric charts

We have used a Simrad IS 15 black box instrument, which is used to integrate various navigation gadgets, and has a built-in echo sounder. it listens to NMEA signlas of a GPS and forwards the data as NMEA to a PC. There it's handled by Windmill freeware to produce spreadsheets with latitude, longitude and depth. -Jouni

Windmill company

Comment

Hi,

you may have a look at GIS packages (geographical information systems).Some are free and open-source like http://grass.itc.it.

hope that helps,

Stefan

Comment

I have also looked at this solution to make my own depth-charts, but have not found any suitable software. A lon time ago I had a breef look at Windmill's software, but back the I didn't think it could do the job. I see now that Windmill have reached V. 6.1, and this might do the thing!
        How have you configured your system? Are the Windmill software capable of generating the graphics of a "3D" chart it self, or does it just generate a speadsheet that you import in i.e. MS Excel and view's as a 3D-graph?

Glenn, from Norway

Comment

Working...
        X