EG&G recorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EG&G recorders

I have two EG&G 259 sidescan recorders available for free to whoever wants them. One is u/s and missing a few parts the other appears complete but not used for over ten years.
    I am in the Middle East so think about freight costs, if you aren't in the region. I can break them for parts if anyone has specific requests, everything available. They have to be thrown out soon and its a shame to see quality engineering go that way.
    If you are new to sidescan then please don't expect to build a system based on these, they are really only suitable for someone with existing similar gear or indepth knowedge.
    I am also looking for spares and service manuals for an ORE 160 transiever, 159/162 towfish if anybody can please help out.

Re: EG&G recorders

Hi Daniel

I'm interested if the fish is included?

regards,
    Peter

Comment

Sorry Peter, its just the recorders.

Daniel

Comment

Is it only the recording unit of the SS system, or does it include the sonar processing part also? If so, I'm interested in the units.
        What will the shiping charge for Norway be? inkluding your charge for packaging and handling?

reg,
        Glenn

Comment

Hello Glenn,

The EG&G 259 units are complete integrated tow fish interface, sonar processor, chart recorder. They each weigh about 40kg, size 810x420x270 and are already housed in sturdy shipping enclosures, minimal further packing required. Check with your local agent for shipping charges, origin Dubai UAE. I can pack and address here, no charge.

Are you familiar with these units and what is involved? They are 1977 vintage (last used late 80s?) wet paper recorders and most definitely not plug and play. Unless you are super keen or have a way to defray the shipping costs my hunch is that it may not be worth it. If you are already running similar gear then I can pull whatever you need, motors, cards, pots etc.

Do you have anything to swap? I am looking for ORE(now Geoacoustics) stuff.

Regards
          Daniel

Comment

Daniel,

I have a working 259 unit, and paper rolls etc, i would love to get the boards and helixs and band from your unit.

Alec. (UK).

email me your phone number if you like and i'll phone you.

[email protected]

Comment

Alec;

I have a few bands and helix strips for the 259 and
              the Klein 421 (adaptable). Let me know if inerested.

john (Ottawa,Canada)

Comment

Does anyone have any Edgetech / EG & G 260 Thermal ( Not Stylus ) Recorders for sale

Comment

Working...
                X