Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummingbird Matrix 37 update

Hi subscribers,
    Last Friday I aquired an Matrix 37 unit (display, QuadraBeam and Widebem ducers and transducer extension cable) to see what this unit is capable as sss.
    I assemble the WideBeam ducer on a proper towing fish with stable balance.
    On Saturday and Sunday I spent all time watching the bottom profile on M37 (flat sea and slow speed) and trying adjustments on "wide sensibility" and "sensibility" of main menu.
    Even the high frequency, the WideBeam 455KHz ducer is to short length to discriminate anything less than a rocky bottom. Like Hummingbird inform, the fanshape pattern beam is 45 degrees wide vertical and 18 degrees horizontal! This exaggerate horizontal angle is unable to separate small objects.
    Would be interesting implement Dan ideia on M37 asembling a 455KHz transducer with 2 x four paralel/serial wired elements.
    Anybody can point me where can I find 455KHz transducer elements to try to build a sss transducer, for this purpose?
    Other interested, having M37, would be grateful to share information.

Thank you,

Francisco Xavier

Re: Hummingbird Matrix 37 update

checked most of the other depth finder companies, seems humminbird is the only one I can find that has 455KHz transducers

Comment

Re: Hummingbird Matrix 37 update

Thank you Charles.
      Hummingbird have the transducer STM6 40 (trolling motor - 455KHz 40ยบ cone beam patern) on promotional $25. I will aquire 8 and will assemble them like Dan advices.
      One thing I have to test, if the Matrix 37 control display acept the 4 ducers array wired on paralel way (in the startup test).
      Otherwise I have to connect them on a paralel/serial way losing voltage (an half I think) and power/range on each ducer but kipping the original impedance.
      Have to insulate them to avoid ringing.
      Any ideias will be thankfull,

Francisco Xavier

Comment

Working...
      X