i need a sonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a sonar

hi, i need a side scan sonar or underwater magnetometer to find a small aluminium boat in a lake about 50feet under

my budget isnt huge either, can anyone please recommend the best thing here?

i dont know anything about either sonar or the mag so i need something easy to use and towable by a small boat.

thanks

Re: i need a sonar

If you do not have a large budget you may want to consider renting the equipment. If you have other projects it is worthwhile buying a combine s/s and maggy.

Once you have identified some targets it might be worthwhile using a small ROV to go and look at the target to ensure it is the boat.

Comment

magnetometer will not help with aluminium. Sounds like your best bet is find someone with a boat with a real good depth finder or a Interphase Probe or other forward looking unit.

Comment

I think you can find a small side scan from Wesmar or another company that should not be any more than $10,000. Its tough to use a conventional sonar used for navigation or fish detection to positively identify something on the bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X