Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side scan sonar soon to be offered for sale

Hi All,
    I didn't realize that I could post images here, so I am reposting my message from a response to a question.
    I'm currently working on a single channel high resolution side scan imaging sonar to sell in the near future and have a working prototype. It is based around a modified mass produced commercial recording echosounder and therefore I can keep the price way down. This has a built in black and white weatherproof display of around 480 X 320 but is capable of much higher resolution when the files are played back on your computer. This display is very good in sunlight, much better than trying to see an image with a system based on a laptop in bright light. (Files can also be colorized etc). 200KHZ operating frequency. Includes GPS for boat position which is also recorded. I anticipate selling these for around $3,500.00.
    If you have further questions please email me at [email protected]. Be sure to type the word SONAR in your message line as I get way to much junk mail and do not wish to wade through it all. With the final mods I expect the images will rival systems costing many 10's of thousands of dollars

Wreck of the Champlain11 a steamer in lake Champlain (stripped hull)

Wreck of the Water Witch, Lake Champlain.

Rock outcropping / dropoff at 300 ft range

Water Witch, another view with clouds of baitfish.

Bottom details

Re: Side scan sonar soon to be offered for sale

What time frame do you expect these units to be ready to roll out.

Comment

>Hi All,
      > I didn't realize that I could post images here, so I am reposting my message from a response to a question.
      > I'm currently working on a single channel high resolution side scan imaging sonar to sell in the near future and have a working prototype. It is based around a modified mass produced commercial recording echosounder and therefore I can keep the price way down. This has a built in black and white weatherproof display of around 480 X 320 but is capable of much higher resolution when the files are played back on your computer. This display is very good in sunlight, much better than trying to see an image with a system based on a laptop in bright light. (Files can also be colorized etc). 200KHZ operating frequency. Includes GPS for boat position which is also recorded. I anticipate selling these for around $3,500.00.
      >If you have further questions please email me at [email protected]. Be sure to type the word SONAR in your message line as I get way to much junk mail and do not wish to wade through it all. With the final mods I expect the images will rival systems costing many 10's of thousands of dollars

sonar. dear sir hello. this is tony from greece and i want to ask you if i can use the side scan sonar for ground imaging. thank you

Comment

Hi,
        If your wondering if you can get images inside of the ground, no.
        Regards

Comment

Working...
        X