Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sidescan image.

Hi,
    I'm posting an image taken with a new imaging transducer that I've just designed and built. This will be offered on a somewhat more expensive model. This was taken in a local body of water about 17 feet deep and using the 100 ft range. Raw image, no after processing. I will be offering complete units for sale soon.
    Regards
    G. Burton

Re: New sidescan image.

Hi,
    Your images look very impressive. I'm wondering what it will offer over the imaginex system which costs about what you are projecting for your unit. The samples I've seen from the Imaginex look very good also.
    Thanks,
    FJ

http://www.roperresources.com/pdfs/sidescan.pdf

Click Here

Comment

Hi,
      You'll probably find that the Imagnex does not come with GPS for that price. (mine will) The imagenex requires a computer, mine is a stand alone weatherproof system and you do not need a computer to view the images,, however, the recorded images displayed on a computer are better. The images I have posted are all raw, no photoshop tricks. This system uses a massed produces brand name 200khz sonar for data acquisition and display and has been adapted for imaging use. The manufacturer knows nothing about what I have done with their systems. They are very high quality, expensive for me to buy, and as you can see work quite well for sidescan when you know how to do it. A heck of a lot of money and elbow grease goes into building one of my systems and I make no apologies for charging what I'll have to charge for these. Bet you'll have to spend more building your own.
      Regards

Comment

>Hi,
        > You'll probably find that the Imagnex does not come with GPS for that price. (mine will) The imagenex requires a computer, mine is a stand alone weatherproof system and you do not need a computer to view the images,, however, the recorded images displayed on a computer are better. The images I have posted are all raw, no photoshop tricks. This system uses a massed produces brand name 200khz sonar for data acquisition and display and has been adapted for imaging use. The manufacturer knows nothing about what I have done with their systems. They are very high quality, expensive for me to buy, and as you can see work quite well for sidescan when you know how to do it. A heck of a lot of money and elbow grease goes into building one of my systems and I make no apologies for charging what I'll have to charge for these. Bet you'll have to spend more building your own.
        >Regards

well, no doubt your sss would be better choice over IMAGNEX if it had transducers on both sides of the fish. Practicly it means twice less time/gas/etc per sq.mile..
        p.s.
        GPS&laptop (PI, 100MHz) costs around 100$ each, so it's not a big deal

Comment

Working...
        X