Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportscan again

hi,

i bought a sportscan single frequency unit last week and tested it at the coastline of the baltic sea. i'm very happy about the results.
    i worked with c-max and edgetech 8 years before in the bay of biscay an the pictures were not better than this small system of imagenex.

i haven't got an image of an shipwreck yet because the weather was to heavy on that day. but nice pictures of an harbour and the bottom.

Re: Sportscan again

Krischan,

I am glad you are happy with your sport scan. What frequency tow fish do you have. When you say the images are no better than the Edgetch equipment are you refering to the old 272TD or the newer 4200FS and MPX digital multiping sonars?

Regards,

Rob Morris

>hi,

>i bought a sportscan single frequency unit last week and tested it at the coastline of the baltic sea. i'm very happy about the results.
    >i worked with c-max and edgetech 8 years before in the bay of biscay an the pictures were not better than this small system of imagenex.

>i haven't got an image of an shipwreck yet because the weather was to heavy on that day. but nice pictures of an harbour and the bottom.

Comment

hi rob,

we used in 1997 the edgetech DF1000 towfisch in the bay of biscay an the small c-max with battery-power. certainly this device has a much larger range than the sportscan and the depths are even greater. but here at the coast of the baltic sea the depths are mostly not greater than 30 meters and the edgetech would provide no better pictures than the sportscan when i remind the pictures of 1997. but you have to pay much more and have to install a lot of technical things you do not need with the sportscan. this little thing is manufactured very well and with the 300 kHz the pictures show you all details you need.
      certainly are the pictures of the modern edgetechs photo-like but not really needed here for our jobs.

best regards from germany

krischan

Comment

Re: Sportscan again > Here are some Pictures

this was the first pictures we made on our testdrive on last sunday. we have some difficulties with the adjustment but we are in learning mode. on one picture you see an harbour with the boxes for the yachts and on the other you can see the waves of the sandy ground.

http://www.schleitaucher.de/bilder/scannings/ascyachthafen.jpg

http://www.schleitaucher.de/bilder/scannings/schleimuende.jpg

Comment

How much it cost this sport scan ?
          Whic is the max depth that you can search ?

Thanks Max

Comment

I am curious, does your system show you how fast the towfish is being towed in the water?

Comment

yes, it get the speed from the connected GPS. also you can set the speed manually if no GPS is available.

best regards
              christian

Comment

Working...
              X